Dynex products for use in this industry:
PF3000 Series Checkball Pumps
- Pressures to 10 000 psi (700 bar).
- Contamination tolerant, for operation in dirty environments.
- Bi-directional rotation providing constant flow direction regardless of drive shaft rotation.
- Split-Flow® models can supply independent flows from up to eight separate outlets.
- A wide range of fluid compatibility, for reliable operation with low lubricity, low viscosity fluids.
Steam Turbines – Bearing Lubrication
Steam turbines require bearings for support during operation. Each of these bearings are supplied with hydraulic oil for lubrication. During start up a high-pressure lift pump or “jack pump” is required to ease the load on the system. Each bearing is fitted with one of these high-pressure lift systems. The hydraulic pump must provide high pressure capability and be able to withstand any contamination that could occur over time.
Dynex checkball pumps have been proven to improve the reliability of the high-pressure lift system and reduce maintenance intervals. Dynex Split-Flow® technology also allows for one pump to provide lubrication oil to multiple bearing sets further reducing cost of equipment. General Electric provided a Technical Information Letter that detailed their recommendation that Dynex pumps are recommended for all high-pressure lift pump systems