This 16 jack lifting system built by Jahns Structure Jacking Systems utilizes two Checkball Pumps and VM Series Control Valves.
Lighthouse Relocation Project
In 1999, the Cape Hatteras lighthouse in North Carolina had to be moved from its original location at the edge of the ocean to safer ground 2,900 feet inland.
Jahns Structure Jacking Systems built the 60 jack system that lifted the lighthouse. Dynex PF2000 pumps supplied the power and the system was controlled by Dynex VM Series valves.
PF2000 Series Fixed Displacement Checkball Pumps
- Pressures to 10 000 psi (700 bar).
- Bi-directional rotation providing constant flow direction regardless of drive shaft rotation.
- Contamination tolerant, for operation in dirty environments.
- A wide range of fluid compatibility, for reliable operation with low lubricity, low viscosity fluids.
- Split-Flow® models can supply independent flows from up to six separate outlets.
High-pressure pumps & poppet style valves provide solutions to structural jacking and lifting challenges
Hydraulic power has assisted in the movement of large structures for a long time. These “jacking” systems today require high pressure, reliability, and fine control. This allows operators to move houses, buildings, and other extreme loads with precision and reliability.
The checkball design provides a unique combination of high pressure capability and split-flow technology. The reliability of the checkball pump has been proven in these applications. In addition to the checkball pump, Dynex provides the VM series directional control valve. This valve is a modular stack valve design. It has pressure capabilities up to 10,000 psi and is a poppet style design to keep leakage to a minimum. The precise feathering control of the lever operation allows operators to manually adjust each jack with the precision and force needed during a heavy lift.
Customers in the structural jacking industry have come to recognize Dynex high performance products give them the assurance the equipment will perform when needed. This is another example of our proven performance and trusted service.
VM Series Poppet Style Control Valves
- Pressures to 8000 psi (560 bar)
[For pressures to 10 000 psi (700 bar), Consult factory].
- Near zero leakage.
- Manually operated valve stacks for precise directional control.
- Features integral pressure control on the inlet head and load holding checks on each section.
- High pressure, poppet style design offers precise metering of flow.
- Sections can be stacked to allow control of multiple single or double-acting rams from single valve location.
- Well suited for control of rams & actuators in structural lifting & jacking applications.